CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 23, 2008

NEEDED: MOM ADVICE

First and foremost....Emma got a big fat F on her 1st math test of 2nd grade. Of coarse I cried to Mike abt it- mostly b/c I feel guilty b/c I have been working during the week and did not even think abt helping her study since the 10 papers she brought home in math she had not one problem wrong on them. She seemed to think it was no big deal - therefore has been grounded for the 1st time for the whole weekend. I am trying not to be a pyscho mom and I honestly don't expect straight A's but a F .................. Did I do the right thing?
Second, my son cries too much. He cried @ least 10 times at his football game today. Mostly b/c he did not want to be out of the game ( they take 2 players out every few plays to let everyone play), maybe 3 times b/c this big huge 100 lb kid threw him down like a rag doll- it was scary! So those I can kind of understand but all the rest was driving us crazy. Mike left the game b/c he could not take it- I of coarse stayed to endure the rest of the crying fits. We are confused b/c for the past 4 weeks he has loved playing and could not get enough of it. What do I do? How do I get him to stop crying ALL the time. It seems once it starts he just gets worse and worse.

2 comments:

Trisha said...

Aw!! Poor Emma!! Don't let yourself feel guilty about it. Did the punishment work?? Or does she feel bad enough about it? About Eli let me know because we have some of the same whining problem here.

~M.R.M. said...

we can deal with Eli this weekend...I have just the trick. Like Rocky, we will drink raw eggs!